Fraser Island Tour - Kingfisher Bay Resort
3 Days - 2 Nights Eco Adventure!
Departs - Brisbane, Noosa and Gold Coast
Depart Brisbane pass the Glass House Mountains to Rainbow Beach. Travel via Noosa River cable ferry and Cooloola Sands or when the tide is high, through the Cooloola National Park. Arrive Fraser Island southern tip, travel along the 75 Mile Surf Beach before traveling inland to Central Station. Walk the world heritage rain forest boardwalk. Take the Pile Valley rain forest walk beside beautiful Wanggoolba Creek. Then move on to swim in the clear blue waters of Lake McKenzie or Lake Birrabeen and soak up the sun on their white sandy beaches. Arrive Kingfisher award winning Eco-Resort. Settle in and relax before dinner at one of the resorts' famous restaurants, bakery or Sand Bar (own costs). After dinner, enjoy the heated pools and spa's, or dance/karaoke nights at Dingo Bar.
Enjoy the hot country buffet breakfast (included) before traveling the world's most amazing beach highway. 4WD to Eli Creek, enjoy the boardwalk swim, and relax. See the coloured sand formations at the Pinnacles and the famous Maheno Shipwreck. After a fresh picnic lunch and cold drinks surf side (included), travel further north to Indian Head. Walk this rugged lookout - spot turtles, sharks, dolphins and humpback whales (June-Nov). Return via beach to Kingfisher Bay Resort and Village. Relax by the swimming pools, spa and outdoor bars or discover the splendor of the garden decks, boardwalks, coffee and specialty shops in this multi award winning, eco resort. Adventurous? Perhaps keep to the nature theme of Kingfisher Bay by exploring the great bush walks, or activities including ranger guided spotlighting and bird watching.
Travel with your experienced guide via inland tracks, pass palms and rainforest plants before arriving famous Lake Wabby. Explore, swim, hike and relax at impressive emerald green barrage lake being slowly engulfed by Hammerstone Sandblow. Return via Rainbow Beach or if tidal conditions require via Hervey Bay to Brisbane Transit Centre (6-7pm).
- Lake MacKenzie
- Central Station
- 75 Mile Surf Beach
- Lake Wabby
- Rainforest Boardwalk
- Wanggoolba Creek
- Indian Head
- Eli Creek
- Maheno Shipwreck
- and the award winning Kingfisher Bay Resort
- Experienced island guide/driver.
- 3 days 4WD island adventure safari.
- 2 hot breakfasts, 1 fresh picnic lunch
- 2 nights accommodation at Kingfisher Bay Resort (choice of Lodge or Hotel)
- full resort facilities
- all transfers and ranger guided activities.
- Departs Friday and Tuesday
- Brisbane (6.45am - Brisbane Transit Centre, Roma Street, Level 3, Gate 36)
- Noosa (9.00am)
- Gold Coast (6.00am +$50 return)
- Rainbow beach Surf live saving club 11am
- Kingfisher Resort Wilderness Lodge - $395 (per person)
- Kingfisher Resort Wilderness Lodge (Twin) - $495 (per person)
- Kingfisher Resort Eco-Hotel Room (Twin) - $595 (per person)
- Sole use: extra $300 above twin share price (payable on the day of travel)
- Check Tour Availability
- National Park fee, daily permit fee and ferry fees, meal kitty, map - $30 per person per day
- Min Child Age - 5 yrs old
- Pick up point: Gate 36 - Level 3 - Brisbane Transit Centre - Roma St